SAIL INTO A POSTCARD ON LAKE WANAKA
South Island's first and only Charter Lake Sailing Experience
The only overnight Lake Wanaka Boating Experience
Welcome to Sail Wanaka, Lake Wanaka Charters. The days are getting warner, and it's a great time to be sailing on . The ultimate eco boat cruise on Lake Wanaka in 2024.
We're operating, so get in touch!
1) Please book by calling us at +64-204-111-2668 for a one-of-a-kind overnight, full, or half-day getaway in a world class setting, under sail power. We also do team-building and learn to sail programs.
2) Bookings at least 24hrs in advance are preferred.
3) Due to weather variability, it's best that we create a backup plan, on a day before and/or after your booking, just in case the weather doesn't cooperate on the day you've booked.
2) Prices on this site will be current for the 2023/24 season once posted here, as of 1st Nov, 2023
3) We provide home-baked bread, apricot jam and butter plus some other spreads and crackers for you. Also we can arrange Wanaka's gourmet picnics and organic treats options.
4) Looking for others people to cost-share a charter? See below
Last updated: 20230501
Enjoy an unforgettable, private & personalised sailing experience
One-of-a-kind sailing adventures, with a focus on freedom and flexibility
We offer a wide variety of skippered and Bareboat private charters. Are you looking for an overnight charter, or just an afternoon? Would you like Skipper Randall Richards to do all the work, or are you qualified to take our yacht out yourself? Whatever your preferences, wherever you’d like to go, we’re ready to make your sailing Wanaka adventure one you’ll remember for years to come.
Private charters offer the best in convenience and flexibility. Sail from island to island, set your own pace and sail wherever the winds and weather permit.
Learn to Sail, allowing you to learn the basics in just a few hours with the possibility of going on with more detailed small keel-boat training.
Educational & Transformative Adventures
Healing Recharge, and Transform
Team-building for Businesses and Organisations
Yin Yoga and Sailing
The Zen of Sailing - Sailing and Meditation on the water and shores of Lake Wanaka
This sailing trip was a unique way to explore Lake Wanaka, to feel truly connected to the water and the beautiful mountains surrounding you. I highly recommend it!
Cristina & Remo
Learn to Sail Testimonial: 2023
"Our family of 4 took a three day sailing course with Randall. Our goal was to learn the basics of sailing as well as learn how to sail as a family. This experience exceeded our expectations in every way. Randall is a very gifted teacher and yachtsman and goes above and beyond to make everyone feel comfortable and engaged. He provided us with a sailing booklet with essential information complete with charts and references. He engaged every member of our family - meeting each person at their skill and comfort level- and taught us all the basics of sailing including navigation, putting up and taking down sails, tacking/jibing, key sailing terms, how to read the wind, operate the rudder and all the lines, etc. etc. Over the three days he also pointed out numerous sites all around Lake Wanaka and shared pieces of New Zealand culture and history. And to top it all off Randall brought homemade bread, with jam and butter for a treat (one of the many)! We highly recommend any time spent with Randall on his sailboat! It was a highlight of our time in Wanaka."
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO JUMP ON BOARD
FOR SOME COST SHARING?
Here's a listing of people looking for someone to join them on a charter: